The score will always be in the top 5 all time greatest hip hop albums, half of my quotes come from that record. The other half from Illmatic.
Whenever I need to preach the truth to the young black youth, I try to dig up a good lyric for inspiration. And although the one I am trying to inspire is usually myself, a good Nas quote never hurt no body. Well, if one was to discount most of what was said on Nastradamus, I Am and It Was Written.
But I digress...
Hopefully my destiny will manifest itself into something positive like some good incense and an Erykah Badu record during my time here in jolly ole Londontown.
Wednesday, 7 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone."
This is not Nas or the Large Professor and I had to Google Illmatic I had no idea that you were a Hip Hop Diva included as one of your many talents. I am truly proud of you and may this be just the start of your journey.
When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen. But if you have not a pen, I suppose you must scratch any way you can.
The duty of literature is to note what counts, and to light up what is suited to the light. If it ceases to choose and to love, it becomes like a woman who gives herself without preference.
Great literature is simply language charged with meaning to the utmost possible degree.
I hope you remember this in your future literary pursuits.
bigfin
Well said. I am also very proud of you and even more proud of your ability to broaden your horizons without compromising who you are. You are not afraid to try.
Keep blogging, I love it!!!!!
Luv ya
Post a Comment