Tuesday, 15 January 2008

The World Is Yours


Whenever things get a little crazy, I let Nasir kick some righteous rhymnes in my ear.And given the recent tenor of the Democratic race, I'm going to be bumping the '94 classic "Illmatic" on repeat. But as as you listen to this classic in your dusty old discmen I have a few questions to pose to ya'll.

Why are so many ol' school civil rights heads talking so reckless about Sen. Obama? Is patronage in another Clinton White House that important?Have Bob Johnson and Andrew Young lost their ever loving minds? I mean I except this mess from the founder of BET, but Andrew Young? MLK must be weeping in heaven.What the hell is the race card anyway? And for that matter what is the gender card, and how does one pull it? More importantly, could women of color pull both?Why do pundits keep insisting that our boy Barry (thats Sen. Barack H. Obama, Jr. to you) has transcended race? How can one transcend their skin color, herritage and background?Why is Patricia Williams the truth, and what makes Charlie Rose lowkey bomb?
And as usual Chris Rock brings it on home - there must be something special in that Bed-Stuy air

No comments: