*disclaimer: while not an overtly politcal blog, in the weeks and days leading up to Super Tuesday Brooklyn Sis will be posting primarily on the campaign. Bet on Black - Obama '08*
I could on on and on about why the good Senator did not win the New Hampshire primary, but I'll leave that to the NY Times Caucus blog. Instead of talking about the defeatism amongst people of color about the prospects of a black Democratic nominee or President. Or instead of even talking about how we have allowed ourselves for too long to be controlled by real and perceived racism in our political actions, quitting before we've even started the race. Nor will I talk about the need for folk to educate themselves on the candidates and not to simply marry themselves to a political family because of a moment back in '92 when a certain governor from Arkansas played the sax on Arsenio.
Instead, I'm going to let Barack Obama do the talking. I hope his words inspire you to join the cause and get involved. Yes we can!
Thursday, 10 January 2008
Yes We Can
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment