
Although I hate the hackneyed phrase "this year has gone by so fast", I realize that cliches become so for a reason -they're true. And 2007 ran by, in an attempt to shed its clothes and to change into 2008. All the sooner to have me graduate, so shouts to the New Year's baby for that.
Its almost unbelievable that last year, this time I was getting ready for my semester abroad at SOAS in London. I got new luggage and cold feet. But during that plane ride, something funny happened- God threw my trepidation out the window and although I was homesick for a good grey month, I still got my London on and had another great cliche happen to me : a life changing experience.
I started blogging because of my time in London, I decided to grow out my perm and go natural in London (my crinkly unpressed fro bear the fruit of my labor of self-love), I traisped around continental Europe with some homies and learned to live independently. When I got back home I felt that folks at immigration should've declared, "now you are a woman". Being away in Europe was like a 5-month long bat mitzvah.
It might be the headquarters of imperialism, but London, England is and will always be my joint. I had to go out to come back to see what was really in me. And so far, 7 loyal readers I'm impressed.
*2008 travel plans - hit up the Caribbean and Africa and collect even more stamps in mi passaporte E aprenda o português (and learn Portuguese)*
1 comment:
I have seen a few references about your seven loyal readers. I hope I am included in the lucky seven. Also, does my force reading assignments for my reading class count in that number? If so then the number should me 17 not 7.
Big Fini
Post a Comment