In any one of my 3 notebooks that I keep in regular rotation there is likely to be found a to do list. These lists include: schedules for the day with hourly blow by blow, things I want to have accomplished within a certain time frame, and objectives, assignments and goals that I need to reach, plan on reaching or keep writing over and over on more to do lists. I'm a listnista to say the very least. And sometimes I can look at that little list proudly with a sense of well being as I glance down at my careful print (thanks Catholic school), because everything has been done.
This rarely happens. But when it does I revel in my glory for as long as possible, or at least until another nagging list of things to do intrudes on my little "go Ashley!" party.
During the midterm papers crunch at SOAS I wrote and updated these lists on the daily. When classes got boring I would plot strategies on how to get the most done. I wrote and rewrote these lists like a fanatic, updating for setbacks and accomplished missions. Maybe if I had spent some time doing the work I was trying to get done instead of scribbling my lists, things wouldn't have gotten as tight as they did. But folk like me need a game plan.
So when I came back the NYC for part of my break, my game plan was to decompress. To relax for a while. Read, watch good ole' American TV, then when relaxed start on phase 2 of my school work. And after a week of chillin, phase 2 still hasn't started. Is it the chemicals from the fresh Dominican perm or is it burn out for nearly 3 years of crunch times?
Maybe I need to write me up another to do list...
Sunday, 1 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment