
After the latest round of primaries in Indiana and North Carolina (throw ya' hands up), I have a case of acute campaign fatigue. How long has this been going on? Its been on and poppin' since Super Tuesday (aka my birthday), Feb 5th! Its May! How many states do we have? You know when Guam is in play during the nomination process that we're in it for the long haul.
Although I'm tired of the constant mudslinging, hearing Rev. Wright talk greasy about whatever is getting on his nerves, and CNN's endless promises that the next primary will end this thing and give the Democratic party a nominee, I must say I can't give this primary up. It's like the candy you used to buy from your local bodega: it might have been sitting behind that little glass case for months (or years) but you still buy it anyway, and bite into its sticky/sweet cavity inducing core.
But really HRC, time to bow out gracefully. Give our nation the chance to vote a black man into the highest office in our land. Or is folk too nervous that if that day ever comes, and Brother Obama is doing the cupid shuffle at the inaugural ball that black people might really be free? In the name of Fredrick Douglass I dream of that world.
No comments:
Post a Comment