All of my energies for the past 4 years were building up towards the culmination of a 2 and a half hour ceremony that took place on Sunday, May 25th, 2008. Commencement. The beginning. And not to be hackneyed (but isn't the use of cliche what graduation is all about?) but its like the beginning of the end: the end of my undergraduate career; the end of my (prolonged) childhood; the end of my life in Western Massachusetts. But Commencement is so appropriately named, its the beginning of so many new things: my "adult" life, my status as a post-grad, my entry into the working world (lawd hab mercy).I'll miss Amherst. We had a love/hate relationship. But I'll miss living with some of my closet friends, the meal plan, the classes, the professors, the free gym membership, the view over Memorial Hill. It wasn't the ideal experience, but it was home. And you take home with the good and the bad.
I have no clue what to expect from these next two years - I'll be teaching lil scholars in the NYC public schools until I bounce to get my grad school on. Hopefully I'll be able to impart some of what I learned to the kiddies.
I can't wait for homecoming...
No comments:
Post a Comment