After calling out the foolywang material that is Wardell Connerly, I decided that the second posting in the "Who's Got Your Back" Series should be someone positive, talented and forward thinking enough to cancel out Brother C.That fly woman would be none other than ZZ Packer. She rocks a sideways ponytail, what's not to like?
Her novel, "Drinking Coffee Elsewhere", is one of those books to make one a true believer. This novel of short stories is lyrical, humorous and at times very moving. Much like your favorite Al Green, or better yet, Chaka Khan records.
She reps properly for women of color and Black women especially, who are so underrepresented in the literary world. Support her, and pick up her book. And not from your "hook up" who sells on the corner of 125th and Lenox Ave.
2 comments:
LMAO!!! There is NOTHING wrong with the guy on the corner of 125th!!! It's all the same words!! The man is just trying to feed his family.
I'm going to see if I can beg my way into her class this semester. Drinking Coffee Elsewhere is one of my fave books.
Post a Comment