Kanye said it best:
"I'm better than I've ever been and everywhere you've never been"
I'm at the end of my "tour of former colonial powers" and maxing in Aix-en-Provence, France visitng my friend Alli. The postcard perfect weather and delicious crepes have me seriously considering making a move over here. But that is the same thought I have whenever I visit places that aren't London, since the food and weather is inevitably better. Well not in Brussels, aka London part II. When I went it was windy, cold and rainy. But the Belgian waffles more than made up for the less tha receiving weather. I managed to have one every day of my trip there. When I get home I'll have to call 1-800-Lucille Roberts at the rate I'm going. And I'm going home in a few days...
Stepping off that plane in January into London was a gamble: how would manage in a different country, would the homesickness be too much to handle, who would do my hair? Amazingly I had a great time. The months flew by and every time I talk to my mentees the one peice of advice I can honesly give them is to study abroad during their college careers. Yes, escaping Amherst has revived my spirt and given me peace of mind (no exaggeration, the 'herst can be a drag), but being abroad was more than just running away from the Lord Jeffs. I found out that I can live alone, survive in a new city, do my own hair (still working on that last one).
Tuesday is fast approaching. While I am looking forward to getting off at JFK and seeing the fam, friends, the bf and even taking a trip back up to AC I'll be looking back to London.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment