
I miss my kids.
This is the opposite of how I thought I would feel on the last day of school last September. I would look at the calendar and beg the weeks, days, class periods, and minutes to move a little quicker. And now that my time in front of the classroom is done I miss my students.
Today as I gave all the kids of room 300 shout outs I found myself coaking back tears as I told them how much I admired, respected, enjoyed having them in my classroom. The kids truly drove me insane over the course of this school year - I lost a lot of sleep grinding it out as a public school teacher. Between TFA committments, grading, lesson planning, PowerPoint presentation making, and getting the ill REM sleep on the train I couldn't wait for summer to get here fast enough. But my students made it all worth while. They will never know how much they've meant to me and corny as it is, they have changed me and challenged me in ways I didn't know possible.
After the shoutouts the kids gave me some props as well and it was if all the yelling, tantrums, no homework and tardiness was erased as they thanked me for tying my best and showing that I cared. Even as I type this I'm getting teary eyed, because those kids, my kids pushed me to give them everything that I had to to them, I am eternally grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment