Tuesday, 27 January 2009

dollar store dime


We have to give President Obama a little while to take care of our imploding economy. Although he gives great speeches, is telegenic and mad charismatic old dude can't do everything alone. He isn't Dumbledore and the U.S isn't Hogwarts.

I'm doing my part to ignite the economy - I'm still shopping, but I'm paring down the purchases. I've gone from a weekly grocery bill of about $65 to about $50 by buying off brand. Foodtown brand is just as good, peep the ingredients list and it'll be exactly the same as Kraft, Tropicana, General Mills. Most of my cereal now comes out of a bag, but Honey Nut Scooters tastes just like Cheerios.

I almost forgot how amazing the local 99 cent store is; and Bed-Stuy has myriad to choose from. Just walk down Nostrand or Fulton Avenues and you have many different discount stores to choose from, some with questionable food items, others with stuff that's clearly hot off the truck.

All I know is that your sis will be stolling down with the granny shopping cart in and out of the dollar stores looking for some fresh deals. Keep cutting those coupons ya'll.

No comments: