Monday, 12 November 2007

do the ladies run this?


For a while it seemed as if I could only get my dose of female MC greatness by watching Salt and Pepa's VH1 reality TV show. And as much as I enjoy watching them try to patch up their relationship, I wished there was more mc'ing involved. alas.
As I buckle down and work on my thesis, grad apps (pray for me) and general school work I like to play some music that I can move to that keeps me wired. And out of the dearth that is today's watered down mainstream hip hop and R&B (can anyone say Rihanna?), I finally get hip to artists like Santogold, Nola Darling, and Kid Sister. Who said that the female MC dead? And I'm not talking about folk like Trina, Khia, Jackie O or any of that sorry cadre of half naked girls. I looked back to the golden days when MC Lyte, Queen Latifah and Missy held it down (drop another album Miss!)

So peep Kid Sister's myspace page, and become a believer again. Ladies first, ladies first, ooooo ladies first.

1 comment:

Kristia said...

Love the blog, ma. Thank you so much for the props I truly appreciate it!

A sista up at a liberal arts school on the east coast?! I gotta salute in solidarity. I did that shit for 4 years! Too much, too much!

Take care of yourself -