Tuesday, 18 September 2007

the truth like Sojourner

Your sis is trying to get her act together for senior year. Although I've been buried under a pile of books, and school work I haven't been asleep and I've kept my eyes wide open and my ears to the ground...
This semester I'm taking a class on the US economy and the prison industrial complex and it's very easy to get caught up in stats, like 1 in 3 black men will do time behind bars in their lifetime. It's time to unpack the stats, myths, and rumors. This documentary, "What Black Men Think", helps to start an important conversation, that our brethren are more than just 40 drinking wannabe rappers posting a block.
Check out this link as well - http://wbmt.wordpress.com/video/

Now to keep my head above water and my nose in dem books.

2 comments:

Hendrix said...

speak my sister. i dig the title too ... "the truth like Sojourner." what what!

Ashley said...

that was a good video. keep up the informative blogging!