Friday, 16 March 2007

you betta work


It takes weeks and weeks for magazines to be sent over from the States to the UK. And when I say weeks I mean weeks. I actually saw old American Vogues up in the newstands (like the lovely one above featuring Beverly Johnson) next to other magazines with coked out Kate Moss on the cover. But then the newish Vogue finally got here, and I shelled out 4.50 pounds to see not so great pictures of JHud (Black) America's new sweetheart. Although I love Andre Leon Talley, he should've hired RuPaul to show old girl how to work it for the camera. No body did it better than Ru, before or since. I'll tell you this Ru wouldn't have had Jenny at the Oscars looking like a bullfighter.

Yet American Vogue is waayyy better than its British cousin. Rampant typos and corny articles. They probably purposely slow down the import of American Vogue because they know that no one would even subscribe to the British edition if they could more readily get their fashionista hands on the US edition.

Now the search begins for the March Essence, also featuring Jennifer Hudson as covergirl. She's getting almost as much coverage as the 2008 Presidential candidates. Is she going to be Obama's running mate? They're both from Chicago...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...who is his running mate??? (Are we, are we, are we- we gonna love them? Whooooooaaaaa....we gonna loooooove them?)